19 Mar The Story of CBS Imaging Solutions
After 10 years of successful employment with the largest Canon Copier Dealer in the North East, I founded CBS Imaging on January 1, 1988 from the basement of my house in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Even though I was offered the dealership for Canon, I chose to represent Mita Copystar America, because of their unsurpassed reliability and great customer service. Mita was eventually acquired by Kyocera about 20 years ago.
Rockville, MD (1988-2016)
On August 1, 1988, I move my office to Rockville (White Flint), Maryland. I was in Rockville until April 2016. On May 1, 2016 I move to our new location in Beltsville, Maryland
My emphasis from the beginning was to offer reliable copiers backed exceptional customer service and unsurpassed service and support at a competitive price.
Lessons Learned from Canon
I am thankful for having worked 10 years with the Canon Dealer, as it though me what to do and what not to do.
WHAT TO DO:
- The Golden Rule: Treat customers like you want to be treated
- Provide my customers with unsurpassed customer service
- Make myself available at all times
- Invest in having all my technicians Factory Trained and Certified by Kyocera
- Invest in having all my technicians constantly update their training
- Use only GENUINE Kyocera Factory parts and supplies
- Perform Preventive Maintenance per Kyocera Factory specifications
- Update firmware as instructed by Kyocera
- Offer fair and competitive prices
- Provide fast and courteous response time
- Offer flexibility to customers’ needs
- Be transparent at all times
WHAT NOT TO DO:
- Do not have untrained “technicians” work on customers’ equipment
- Do not use aftermarket or non-Factory parts
- Do not use aftermarket or non-Factory supplies
- Do not overcharge
- Do not lie
- High turnover of employees
I have very loyal customers. Many of them have been with me since the very beginning, because they know I offer what I preach.
Try me, I promise you will be glad you did.